It’s been one of those days. Who am I kidding? It’s been one of those weeks.
I figure the best way to combat “one of those weeks” is by making a list of things that I’m thankful for.
- Salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- My husband, who is patient, kind, understanding, hard-working, a listener, and an encourager.
- My parents, who have always loved me well and taught me to be grateful. I am thankful that they are not only my parents, but my friends.
- My brother. He is hard-working and has found what he’s good at and what makes him happy. I admire him for that.
- My grandparents. They have raised a family of Jesus followers and desire to have a close, loving relationship with their children and grandchildren. I love to hear their stories and the way life used to be.
- My friends. They are each different, teaching me unique lessons in life. (I miss you all.)
- The last three months living with my family. There were days when I didn’t appreciate it, but looking back, it was a special time that I wouldn’t trade for anything. I have the best family.
- My time at Horizon Physical Therapy. I learned many life lessons, met some great people, and was able to financially support Chris and me while he finished grad school.
- Chris’ new job. I am thankful that he was able to find a job so quickly after graduation and doing what he wanted to do.
- Our apartment. It isn’t what I dreamed of as a little girl when I thought about the home I would be living in, but it’s a roof over our head and it’s within our means.
- Music. Maybe I am stuck in the past, but I love music that I listened to as a child. I love reminiscing and being nostalgic. I hope one day my children will want to remember their childhood.
- Our cars. They aren’t fancy. But they get us where we need to go.
- Accessibility to fluoride-free drinking water.
…this is a working list…